This week I continued working on the gloves pattern. It is near impossible where I love to find gloves with fingers for small children and my daughter is not overly thrilled with mittens. So after having successfully made gloves for Oliver, I worked on making them smaller for Lily. It turns out that only a few adjustments were required to the pattern to make them the right size. I ended up using a smaller hook and 1 strand of DK yarn and I am pleased with the pattern.
Having made Lily her gloves it took a couple of days to convince her to wear them I think she was worried they might be mittens! However, once she had them on she was very please she could move all her fingers! I then started work on completing her winter wear set. She already had a hat so I started on a scarf. I have been wanting to try the C2C (corner to corner) stitch so decided to have a go. Turns out this is very simple stitch and after watching a couple of videos I figured it out quickly and made her a scarf in 1 day (amongst looking after the kids!). I finished it off with a few rows of single crochet and a shell border.
The same day we managed to loose her hat and so since she had glove and a scarf that were made from the same wool I made a hat in a couple of hours to Match adding a flower as decoration. After seeing the set together I also added a flower to them too. She loved trying on her hat and scarf although she does love to play dress up anyway and I am very pleased with her new winter wear set!
I am now only 23 granny squares away from being able to put together my first scrap wool blankst. I hope to have it ready to show you all in next weeks post.
I hope you have enjoyed my second winter wear section! See you all next week.