Snowman Drawstring Pouch
- Materials and Resources
Below is a list of everything you will need to make this pouch
- Knitcraft in the Zone – 100g balls in any colours you choose – I used the following colours;
- White (4 balls)
- Turquoise (2 balls)
- Orange (small amount)
- Denim Blue (small amount)
- 8mm hook
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Toggle for drawstring
- Stitch List
Below is a list of all the stitches (and their abbreviations) featured in this series of patterns. All terms used are American.
- Sc – single crochet
- Ch – chain
- Sc inc – sc increase
- Sc dec – sc decrease
- m/c – magic circle
- sl st – slip stitch
- WS- waistcoat stitch
- S-sc – surface sc
Here are a few handy tips to help you with the pattern.
- The gauge for this bag is 10 sc and 14 rows in a 10cm square.
- The bag is made holding 2 strands of yarn together for all colours
- The finished pouch is 10cm wide and 18cm long, perfect for the average smart phone.
Pouch – work in white
|1||Ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook and all the way down||20|
|2-6||Work in waistcoat stitch||20|
|7-8||Change to turquoise, WS around||20|
|9-15||Change to white, WS around||20|
|16-20||Change to turquoise, WS around||20|
|21||(WS, ch1, sk 1) x 10||10 & 10 ch 1|
|22||(WS, WS in ch 1 gap) x 10||20|
|Sl st and cast off|
- Using s-sc, work 4 rows of 4 sc off the centre of the scarf to create scarf flap. Add tassels to this and sew in ends.
- Sew a nose in orange and eyes and mouth in denim
- Plait a large chain in turquoise and thread through the ch 1 gaps in row 21, then add toggle and knot together. This creates the drawstring.
© All patterns on this page belong to www.cosycrochet.co.uk You may not sell this pattern. Please feel free to sell the items you make using this pattern, however please acknowledge me in your listing.