Jingle Belle Dress
- Materials and Resources
Below is a list of everything you will need to make this dress
- Aldi Rainbow Yarn in Christmas colours, 100g balls in the following amounts; 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5)
- 2 x 1.5” buttons in Green
- 8 fat quarters (the amount you use will vary from ¼ of each panel to the whole panel depending on the dress size you make.
- Silver Ribbon 2.5cm thick x 2m (3m, 3m, 4m, 4m, 5m, 5m, 6m, 6m)
- 16 pieces of tulle (8 in green, 8 in red) approximately 70cm (75cm, 80cm, 85cm, 90cm, 95cm, 100cm, 105cm, 110cm) long and 15cm wide.
- Tapestry needle
- Silver thread for sewing with and either a sewing machine or suitable needle for hand sewing material.
- Stitch List
Below is a list of all the stitches (and their abbreviations) featured in this pattern. All terms used are American.
- Sc – single crochet
- Ch – chain
- Dc – double crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- crab stitch – reverse single crochet
- c2c stitch
Here are a few handy tips to help you with the pattern.
- Gauge – 6 squares wide and 6 squares high in a 10cm square
- You need to work the top portion of the dress, including straps and buttons first, then sew the skirt before joining them together.
- Sizes are written as follows 2 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) where the first number is the smallest size and the largest number is the final number in the brackets.
- This dress currently comes in 7 sizes from approximately age 2 to 10, but the important measurement is their hips as this is the tightest point of the dress. Pick the measurement that is about 1-2cm larger than their hips for the best fit. Dress measurements are as follows;
|Dress Size (Age)||Dress Waist Size (cm)||Dress Length (cm)|
Top – Use 4mm hook and Christmas yarn, work a c2c rectangle in the following sizes;
|Dress Size (Age)||C2C rectangle Size (length x width)|
|2||30 x 14|
|3||32 x 16|
|4||34 x 16|
|5||36 x 18|
|6||38 x 18|
|7||40 x 20|
|8||42 x 20|
|9||44 x 22|
|10||46 x 22|
Once c2c rectangle is complete, then along the top edge, work 2 sc in each square for 1 row, then complete another row in crab stitch.
Sew the two shorter ends together to complete the top section of the dress. You should have a tube shape.
Straps – work 2 in 4mm hook and Christmas yarn
|2||Sk ch and work a sc into the next 40 ch, turn||50|
|3||(5 sc, ch 2, sk 2,) x 5 then sc to end of row, turn||40 & 5 ch 2 gaps|
|4||Sc across, putting 2 sc in each ch 2 gap (creates the button holes)||50|
|5||Crab stitch around the entire strap|
|Sl st and cast off|
|Sew straps to the back of the dress leave 6 (8, 8, 10, 10, 12, 12, 14, 14) squares in between them for the neck line).|
|Sew buttons on in the front of the straps.|
Skirt – make as follows;
- Get your fabric for the skirt, you will need 8 panels cut in a trapezium shape (see diagram 1). The top will have a measurement of 25 cm (6.75cm, 7.25cm, 7.75cm, 8.25cm,
8.75cm, 9.25cm, 9.75cm, 10.25cm) The bottom measurement will be 16cm (18cm, 18cm, 20cm, 20cm, 22cm, 22cm, 24cm, 24cm)
The length for each panel should be as follows; 30cm (32cm, 34cm, 36cm, 38cm, 40cm, 42cm, 44cm, 46cm)
DO NOT FORGET TO ADD EXTRA FOR SEAM ALLOWANCE!
You then need to sew each of the trapezium shapes together along their diagonal lines to form a circle shape. The top hole measurement needs to be the same as the hip size you are working too. (see diagram 2 to left)
- Hem the base of the skirt
- Sew silver ribbon around the bottom edge of the skirt.
- Next take the tulle and lay them so there is a red piece on top of a green piece and fold them in half. You then need to arrange these with the folded edge on the inside of the waist of the skirt all the way around. Sew them in place. Do not sew the strips together at any other point.
To Make the Dress:
- Now you need to sew the skirt to the top. Place the skirt over the top a couple of cm and then sew together.
- Place the ribbon around the join between the skirt and the top so you cannot see it and sew together.
- To finish, make and sew a bow to the right hand side of the dress.
- Finally hang up the dress and trim the tulle so there is a about 2cm visible below the skirt line.
© All patterns on this page belong to www.cosycrochet.co.uk You may not sell this pattern. Please feel free to sell the items you make using this pattern, however please acknowledge me in your listing.