Sarah the Crochet Strawberry
- Materials and Resources
Below is a list of everything you will need to make this hat
- Paintbox Simply Aran – 100g balls in any colours you choose – I used the following colours;
- Rose Red (213)
- Grass Green (229)
- Small amount of yellow for spots
- Small amount of black for mouth
- 2 x 10mm safety eyes
- 4mm hook
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Stitch List
Below is a list of all the stitches (and their abbreviations) featured in this series of patterns. All terms used are American.
- Sc – single crochet
- Ch – chain
- Sc inc – sc increase
- Sc dec – sc decrease (invisible kind)
- m/c – magic circle
- sl st – slip stitch
Here are a few handy tips to help you with the pattern.
- Gauge – no specific gauge required but you need to work as tightly as possible to avoid stuffing showing through.
Strawberry – in red
|1||6 sc in m/c||6|
|2||(sc inc) x 6||12|
|5||(sc, sc inc) x 6||18|
|7||(3 sc, sc inc) x 6||24|
|11||(2 sc, sc dec) x 6||18|
|Add eyes between rows 9 & 10, 5 stitches apart|
|12||(sc, sc dec) x 6||12|
|13||(sc dec) x 6||6|
|Switch to Green|
|Cast off and sew shut|
Strawberry Leaves – in green
|1||Sl st to any stitch at the base of the green ( round 14) & (ch 5, sk 2 ch, sl st into next ch, sc in last 2 ch and then sl st into starting stitch from round 14.) [Sl st into the next stitch and rep ( to ).] Repeat [ to ] 5 more times.||6 Leaves|
|Cast off and sew in ends|
- Sew a mouth centrally under the eyes in black.
- Sew spots in yellow around strawberry
© All patterns on this page belong to www.cosycrochet.co.uk You may not sell this pattern. Please feel free to sell the items you make using this pattern, however please acknowledge me in your listing.