Penelope the Crochet Pineapple Pattern
- Materials and Resources
Below is a list of everything you will need to make this hat
- Paintbox Simply Aran – 100g balls in any colours you choose – I used the following colours;
- Mustard Yellow (223)
- Buttercup Yellow (222)
- Grass Green (229)
- Coffee Bean (210) Small amount for spots
- Small amount of black for mouth
- 2 x 10mm safety eyes
- 4mm hook
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Stitch List
Below is a list of all the stitches (and their abbreviations) featured in this series of patterns. All terms used are American.
- Sc – single crochet
- Hdc – half double crochet
- Dc – double crochet
- Trc – treble crochet
- Ch – chain
- Sc inc – sc increase
- Sc dec – sc decrease (invisible kind)
- Dc2tog – double crochet 2 stitches together – yarn over, insert hook through stitch and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops, leave remaining 2 loops on the stitch, repeat for the next stitch and then yarn over and pull through all remaining loops on the hook.
- f/l – front loop
- b/l – back loops
- m/c – magic circle
- sl st – slip stitch
Here are a few handy tips to help you with the pattern.
- Gauge – no specific gauge required but you need to work as tightly as possible to avoid stuffing showing through.
- Work all sc stitches in b/l from rounds 7 to 28.
Item – work holding 1 strand of mustard yellow and 1 strand buttercup yellow together
|1||6 sc in m/c||6|
|2||(sc inc) x 6||12|
|3||(sc, sc inc) x 6||18|
|4||(2 sc, sc inc) x 6||24|
|5||(3 sc, sc inc) x 6||30|
|6||(4 sc, sc inc) x 6||36|
|7-8||Sc around in b/l only||36|
|9||[Dc in f/l from round 7, 1 stitch to the left (creates right side of V), 2 sc in b/l, dc in f/l from first stitch of round 9 (to create left side of V)] rep [ to ] 8 more times||9 V’s|
|10-11||Sc around in b/l||36|
|12||sc in b/l, [dc2tog in the f/l from round 10 above each of the points of the V from round 9 (completes diamond), sk 2 sc, 3 sc in b/l] rep from [ to ] 8 more times but only work 2 sc in b/l on final repeat||9 ^to make 9 diamonds|
|13-24||Repeat rows 7 to 12 2 more times||9 diamonds per 6 rows|
|Add eyes between rows 18 & 19 in the centre of the diamonds. Eave 1 diamond in between the eyes.|
|25||In b/l (4 sc, sc dec) x 6||30|
|26||In b/l (3 sc, sc dec) x 6||24|
|27||repeat row 12 with only 7 v’s (the last V will be in between the 2 diamonds from the set below.)||7 V’s|
|28||(2 sc, sc dec) x 6||18|
|29||(sc, sc dec) x 6||12|
|Switch to green (using 2 strands|
|30||Sc around, sl st and turn||12|
|31||[In f/l (sc, hdc, dc, trc) in 1st stitch, ch 1, (trc, dc, hdc, sc) in 2nd stitch (creates 1 leaf)] repeat [ to ] 5 more times||6 leaves|
|32||Sc in b.l of round 30||12|
|33||Sc dec, 8 sc, sc dec||10|
|34||Repeat [ to ] of row 31 5 times||5 leaves|
|35||Sc around in b/l of row 34||10|
|36||Sc dec, 6 sc, sc dec||8|
|37||Repeat [ to ] of row 31 4 times||4 leaves|
|Sl st to starting leaf of row 37 and cast off
Sew in ends
- Sew a brown spot in the centre of every diamond on the pineapple.
- Sew a mouth centrally under the eyes in black.
© All patterns on this page belong to www.cosycrochet.co.uk You may not sell this pattern. Please feel free to sell the items you make using this pattern, however please acknowledge me in your listing.